04 December 2008 - 04 December 2008
Sudan - IVD events - Khartoum/Omdurman
'Partnership for Achieving the MDGs through Volunteerism'
The celebration will be held on Thursday 4 December, Geberona, Ombadda Locality, Omdurman, starting at 10:00
Under the theme brought forward this year, the event is a volunteers’ fair, gathering various expressions of fields in which volunteerism in Sudan contributes to the achievement of the MDGs. The programme of activities includes:
- Free medical consultations for the community, provided by 70 Medical Doctors and 10 Dentists,
- HIV / AIDS prevention awareness workshop,
- Planting 100 trees, cleaning of the area and environmental awareness campaign,
- Awareness raising on combating FGM – female genital mutilation,
- Distributing clothes to the community,
- Local bands performing Sudanese music,
- Games for children,
- Sport activities,
- Lectures on the culture of volunteerism in Sudan.
- International Cultural Village, Arquaweed, Khartoum starting at 19:30 (location and time to be confirmed)
- Evening concert,
- NGOs and volunteering activities fair.
The event is organised by UNV Sudan (Country Office and UNMIS UNV Support Office), the Sudanese Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs (HAC) and the Sudanese Council for Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) in partnership with Sudanese NGOs active in the field of volunteerism, the local authorities of Ombadda and CBOs in the area where the activities will take place.
The main Sudanese NGOs participating: Red Crescent, Fashoda, Rwfeida, Intishar Charity Society, Menath, Sudanese Organization for Development and Non Violence, Patient Medical Support Fund, Creative Life Organization, Sudanese Organization for Art and Music Therapy.
The event is funded and supported by UNDP Sudan, UNFPA, UNV, HAC and UNMIS.
For more information regarding the event, focal points are:
Mr. Elsadig Adam Ibraheem - Managing Director, National NGOs Directorate (HAC), tel. no.: 0918196594
Nota Sarafoudi - Programme Officer UN Volunteers (UNDP), tel. no: 0912501460, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniela Bosioc - UNV Support Officer (UNMIS UNV Support Office), tel: 0912178754, e-mail address: email@example.com.