29 November 2005 - 30 November 2005
Volunteering Research: Frontiers and Horizons
Birmingham, United Kingdom
To mark the end of the UK Year of the Volunteer 2005, the Institute for Volunteering Research will be hosting a two-day seminar to review the latest developments in volunteering research. The seminar will provide a stimulating environment in which to consider new directions in volunteering research.
It will bring together researchers and practitioners from different disciplines to:
- Present new research findings;
- Discuss how new findings impact on the way we conceptualise volunteering;
- Examine how different approaches to research can maximise impact on policy and practice;
- Explore how volunteering learns from research across different disciplines and fields of study;
- Place volunteering research in an historic perspective.