17 November 2005 - 19 November 2005
ARNOVA Annual Conference
Washington, D.C., USA
The focus area of this year’s event is “Nonprofits, Philanthropy and the Public Agenda: Linking Research, Practice and Policy.”
Proposals accepted for presentation have been grouped into 13 tracks including:
- Capacity building;
- Strategy and planning;
- Advocacy for nonprofits and government
- Effectiveness and accountability;
- Civil society and social capital;
- Methodology and theory-building;
- Marketing, communication, and technology;
- Capacity building for the field and its professions; and,
- Linking research, policy and practice.
Within these tracks will be focused sessions on topics such as social entrepreneurship, recruitment and retention in the nonprofit sector, hiring nonprofit faculty, and publishing research about the nonprofit sector.
ARNOVA sections will hold focused meetings and workshops prior to the conference. The four sections are: Teaching, Community and Grassroots, Theories, Issues and Boundaries (TIBS), and Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprise (SEES).