30 November 2006, 10:06
by Halima Chande
As you are aware the International Volunteer Day (IVD) is celebrated on 5 December every year. For this year the volunteer service organizations convened a number of meetings to plan for this day.
The theme selected for this year is "Youth Volunteerism, the Future for Malawi".
The objective of presenting this theme is to promote national volunteerism especially focusing on youth.
The following activities will be held and carried out at Kamuzu Central Hospital:
- Hospital cleaning, participants will clean the pediatric ward;
- Visit patients (children) in the pediatric ward;This will be done by all the VSA officials whereby donations in terms of gifts to the children and some essential items for the ward will be offered in the ward
- An exhibit of various volunteer agencies' work;
- Performance by Salima youth group on volunteerism and the youth;
- Speeches will be delivered by the hospital Director,Chairperson of the VSA, the UNDP Resident Representative, Minister of Gender(Hon Kate Kainja) or Minister of Youth (Hon Jaffar Mussa).